Kiln-dried triple split oak is cut to our normal firewood length of 16″, then re-split into smaller diameters. The result is skinnier pieces of firewood, perfect for use in wood-fired ovens, and is the preferred fuel in the most prominent Neapolitan pizza restaurants in the area. The smaller diameter, skinnier pieces of wood allow pizza chefs to better and more accurately adjust the temperature in their pizza ovens, allowing for total control of the pizza cooking process.
This product is also great for use in your home fireplace and is a great option for customers who cannot easily pick up heavier firewood logs by hand.
What to expect in a RMC firewood delivery:
- ***WE DO NOT OFFER STACKING SERVICES ON FIREWOOD ORDERS! WHEN PLACING YOUR ORDER, YOU CAN ASK FOR A RECOMMENDATION FOR A CONTRACTOR BASED ON YOUR LOCATION.***
- Quantity will always be as advertised, or more.
- The length of our pieces will always average 16″, 10% or less may be longer or shorter.
- The diameter of each piece will vary from 1-7″. We estimate in each delivery that you can expect 60% of the wood pieces to be 5-7″ in diameter, 30% to be 2-5″, and 10% to be 1-3″ in diameter.
- We split our wood with two 16 way wedges, one of which produces all square pieces. Be aware that in your order you will find both triangular shaped and square/rectangular shaped pieces.
- There will ALWAYS be some scraps leftover. In a full cord, we expect it to be about four wheelbarrows or less. This is all burnable kindling that you can either use, throw out, or throw over the fence into your neighbors yard :).