Seasoned Firewood is RMC’s most basic, and cheapest firewood product. Compared to our kiln-dried product, seasoned firewood will usually be dirtier, and will always be much more difficult to light. Because seasoned wood is set out to dry in the elements, some pieces may have mold on them, and could even have bugs. Our seasoned firewood will have a consistent moisture content between 15-30%. Because seasoned wood is stored in the elements, often times it will have surface moisture on the logs from rain when it is delivered. This could make lighting or burning seasoned firewood an unpleasant experience for the first two to three weeks after we deliver. For the ultimate firewood experience anytime, we highly recommend our kiln dried wood.
Our seasoned firewood is a mixture of hardwoods that are all safe to burn inside your home.
*OUR STACKING SERVICE DOES NOT INCLUDE GOING UP ANY STAIRS OR STEEP INCLINES, TRAVELING EXTRAORDINARY DISTANCES, OR GOING INSIDE YOUR HOME. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DECLINE ANY STACKING REQUEST ON SITE, AND REFUND THE TRANSACTION.*
What to expect in a RMC firewood delivery:
- Quantity will always be as advertised, or more.
- The length of our pieces will always average 16″, 10% or less may be longer or shorter.
- The diameter of each piece will vary from 1-7″. We estimate in each delivery that you can expect 60% of the wood pieces to be 5-7″ in diameter, 30% to be 2-5″, and 10% to be 1-3″ in diameter.
- We split our wood with two 16 way wedges, one of which produces all square pieces. Be aware that in your order you will find both triangular shaped and square/rectangular shaped pieces.
- There will ALWAYS be some scraps leftover. In a full cord, we expect it to be about four wheelbarrows or less. This is all burnable kindling that you can either use or throw out.