Kiln-Dried firewood is the best firewood product available. We recommend this product not only to inexperienced firewood burners, but also for anybody expecting extremely easy to light, hassle-free firewood experiences. Most people in Northern Virginia burn wood for ambiance and relaxation, ourselves included. If you fall into this category, we highly recommend you consider this firewood product.
Kiln-Dried firewood lights easier, burns hotter, and produces virtually zero smoke. Kiln-Dried wood burns so efficiently because the flame does not waste any energy boiling water out of the log, so hardly any ash or soot is left after the fire is done, leaving no messy fireplace.
What makes Kiln-Dried Firewood different is that the wood cooks in the kiln for over 24 hours, with chamber temperatures staying steady at 250 degrees. This kills all bugs and mold, and brings moisture content consistently to the 8-12% range. Regular seasoned firewood can be anywhere from 12-25%. This moisture content difference is what makes our Kiln-Dried Firewood the best product available in the Northern Virginia area. Experience Kiln-Dried Firewood once, and the difference will amaze you!
What to expect in a RMC firewood delivery:
- ***WE DO NOT OFFER STACKING SERVICES ON FIREWOOD ORDERS! WHEN PLACING YOUR ORDER, YOU CAN ASK FOR A RECOMMENDATION FOR A CONTRACTOR BASED ON YOUR LOCATION.***
- Quantity will always be as advertised, or more.
- The length of our pieces will always average 16″, 10% or less may be longer or shorter.
- The diameter of each piece will vary from 1-7″. We estimate in each delivery that you can expect 60% of the wood pieces to be 5-7″ in diameter, 30% to be 2-5″, and 10% to be 1-3″ in diameter.
- We split our wood with two 16 way wedges, one of which produces all square pieces. Be aware that in your order you will find both triangular shaped and square/rectangular shaped pieces.
- There will ALWAYS be some scraps leftover. In a full cord, we expect it to be about four wheelbarrows or less. This is all burnable kindling that you can either use, throw out, or throw over the fence into your neighbors yard :).